Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Monday!

Today I wanted to share a gift that I made for a friend who sews.  I can post this now because I have given it to her; didn't want to spoil her surprise by adding it earlier. Happy Birthday Melissa!

This started as one of the little paper mâché busts from Michael's.  it was painted first with a tan, when dry a crackle medium was added.  I then added off white on top after crackle medium was dry.  Next I layered tight coils and bead rolls to make the base and finial on top.  Then I glued ribbon around the bottom, and covered  the edges with lace.  Next I added a diagonal swath of flowers and greenery across the middle.  

With a little paint, ribbon, lace and paper flowers you have a one of a kind gift!  



3 comments:

  1. Yes she does. Your work is amazing!!! Thank you so much !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty idea. Personalized gifts are the best!

    ReplyDelete